Weddings and Receptions
Imagine sharing your wedding vows in one of the most romantic settings of the Old Southwest in Yuma Arizona!
Imagine your guests wandering from the Gothic ambiance of Old St. Paul's Territorial Church along a rose-studded garden path to the "Little English Castle Next Door"--where they will visit, drink, dine and dance to their heart's content. At St. Paul's Cultural Center--a full service Wedding & Reception Venue--we can turn your wedding into a dream wedding! From the couple who desires a small wedding in a memorable setting, to those who dream of a large formal church wedding with an elegant on-site reception, let us help you make your dream come true.
Imagine doing it right! Imagine the memories. Individually, or as a package (including 2 pampered nights in the quiet and secluded garden honeymoon suite at the historic home of one of Arizona's most important Territorial families), we offer the following unmatched services:
- Beautiful non-denominational wedding service in historic church seating up to 250
- Inside and outside reception facilities for 50 to 200+ guests
- Full catering services with gourmet cuisine
- Honeymoon retreat in historic home located in a quiet, secluded and gated garden oasis
- Officiant and minister services
Use of the facilities at St. Paul's Cultural Center always include the services of at least one (1) paid support staff person who is responsible for the buildings and for any decisions that need to be made concerning building, utility, and maintenance issues. Other available staff may include: Minister/Officiant, Photographer, Bartender, Security Personnel, Wedding Coordinator, Musicians, and Wait Staff.
This is a half-day rental, usually four (4) hours1 the day of the event and one (1) hour for a rehearsal (total of 5 hours) and includes at least one (1) paid staff member, and use of:
- Old St. Paul's Church
- Rest Facilities, (a handicap restroom is available)
- Parking, and
- The Bridal Dressing Room
The Wedding Services we provide include: Facilities and the Services of our Support Staff and Clean-up:
- Cost for these services: $1,000.00
- Minister's Gratuity is additional $350.00
- Total with the Officiant's Gratuity: $1,350.00
(Note: simplified services on off days can be done at a somewhat reduced rate. Also a $100.00 air conditioning fee is charged during Yuma's hot months.)
This is an all day usage of St. Paul's reception facilities with a 4 hr. use of the facility for the event proper with additional hours for decorating tables and the facilities.
- Theatre Patio-Garden (seating up to 250 guests)
- Theatre Reception Room (seating 75 for dining, and 50 for dining with a dance floor)
- Rose Garden
- Old Kitchen and Bar
- Theatre Rest facilities
Our Reception Services include:
Facilities, Support Staff, Set-up and Take-down Of Tables and Chairs, and Clean up (Other services, such as a bartender, also available)
Total cost: $1,500.00
Wedding and Reception: This is a full day use of the entire Center complex, four hours only for Church. It includes at least one paid staff member and:
- The Church
- The Rose Garden
- The Theatre Reception Room
- The Theatre Patio-Garden
- The Old Kitchen and Bar
- The Theatre's Rest Facilities,
- Parking, and
- The Brides Dressing Room/Library
Our Wedding and Reception Services include all the above services for a Total Cost of: $2,500.00
All catering menus are done to order and therefore the costs vary from event to event and must be discussed with St. Paul's Catering Director and Events Coordinator. Pricing is done on a per person basis and according to an agreed upon number of guests---regard-less of numbers attending the event itself---and based upon the type of meal, the level of service required, and the tastes, budget, and needs of the bride and groom. Thus, the exact same meal may be priced differently based upon the table layout, type of table service (paper or china, a buffet or a served meal), and number of staff needed to handle that particular quality and type of service, etc.
In general prices begin at $25.00 per plate (plus tax and a 15% gratuity) and include a buffet set-up, staff, and a salad, main entree, vegetable, potatoes or rice (as a typical example). This would also include a cake cutting service. If table service is preferred, the price is $30.00 per plate plus tax and gratuity. These prices include a non-alcoholic beverage and coffee and tea. Custom made menus are of course available.
One half of the full catering fee is needed at the time of the contract, with the balance due at least one week (7 days) before the event. Outside caterers are of course welcome, and families may bring their own food as well! Outside caterers, hired by the clients, must be insured.
In addition to the church and garden weddings, St. Paul's Cultural Center and Casa Redondo Wedding Chapel has wedding officiants who will insure that you and your guests will enjoy a lovely and memorable non-denominational wedding service. The Officiant's gratuity varies depending on the location, and whether there is any travel or overnight stay involved. Please see below for prices.
We provide wedding officiants who will perform a non-denominational service primarily in Yuma County, Apache County, and Navaho County. However,we will travel to Southern California locations and to the following towns and cities and the areas surrounding those places:
Apache County, Navaho County, Gila Bend, Phoenix, Tucson, Apache Junction, Globe, Florence, Superior, Show Low, St. Johns, and Springerville Arizona, and El Centro, California.
- Officiant's gratuity for formal wedding in Old St. Paul's Church $350.00
- Gratuity for formal wedding in Casa Redondo Gardens (no rehearsal) $300.00
- Gratuity at your home or other nearby location (no rehearsal) $350.00
- Gratuity at your home or other nearby location (with rehearsal) $400.00
- Officiant's gratuity at other towns and cities in Arizona & Southern California includes $100.00 in travel expenses. Total: $450.00
- Other towns and cities in Arizona and California with rehearsal and lodging is $550.00
- The cost for a no-frills chapel style wedding at Casa Redondo is $100.00
- The cost for a no-frills chapel style wedding at Casa Redondo Gardens is $200.00
Our Wedding Service
For those who are interested in the nature of our service/ceremony, the formal service we offer is a lovely and heartfelt non-denominational service. This service will have all of the formal structure that you and your guests are familiar with. For example, depending of course upon the location and its physical circumstances, the wedding service will have a Processional and a Recessional, a Welcoming of the Guests, a Homily, Statements of Intent, Consent and Vows, the Exchange of Rings, the Pronouncement, the Seal, and the Presentation.
For us at St. Paul's Cultural Center and at Casa Redondo, a non-denominational service means the following things
- While the service is taken very seriously, there is no heavy religiosity involved.
- There is no language that would suggest an affiliation with any one church, congregation, or religion.
- In place of a formal prayer there are two places in the service where, in a moment of silence, the family and guests are asked to give their blessings to the couple.
- And, with sufficient notice and at the request of the couple, we are more than willing to add materials of their choice to the service.
- This formal non-denominational service is about 25 to 30 minutes in length.
- Our no frills chapel-style wedding for 10 persons or less is a lovely heartfelt service but foreshortened to about 15 minutes.
All parties and receptions at St. Paul's require a Certificate of Liability from the renting party's insurance company one month (30 days) before the event. For such events, this is usually provided gratis by your local insurance provider. Parties that are serving alcohol require two (2) professional security personnel on sight for the event. See below.
A deposit of 1/2 the total fee is required to reserve the facilities at St. Paul's Cultural Center. Catering fees are separate and are arranged with our Events Coordinator. Clients should be aware that reservations are on a first come, first serve basis and that this agreement excludes others from the date and time you reserve. Therefore any cancellations made within 30 days of the reservation are subject to a 25% administration fee. After 30 days there are no refunds. And, for events to be held within four weeks of reservation, there is a cancellation period of 24 hours only, and no refunds after that.
All parties and receptions at the Center that serve alcohol require two (2) trained security personnel on site throughout the entire event. These personnel are the entire responsibility of the customer, though Center personnel can make references.
Extra hours of use are billed at an additional $100.00 per hour. Church is set up for approximately 130 persons. If extra seating is required, up to 250, the set-up and take-down fee is $50.00
A Minister's gratuity of $400.00 includes any meeting with the couple, a one-hour rehearsal, and the service. The non-denominational service is a full and traditional service and is approximately 35 minutes in length. Additional meetings and time needed to customize a couple's wedding service are billed at $50.00 per hour. Guest ministers of all denominations are of course welcome at St. Paul's Cultural Center!
When St. Paul's is contracted to do the catering as well, the costs of (our) tables and chairs (not rentals) and the entire place setting including dessert plates and coffee cups (excluding the linens and the wine and champagne glasses) is provided at no fee. This is a value, at local market prices, of more than $5.00 per place setting.
These fees are entirely separate from any catering fees or fees associated with catering, and do not include security services or liability which are the responsibility of the the clients.